I found an amazing list at Squared Head Teachers website: squareheadteachers.com. Thanks!!
Some you can choose from are ...
In your opinion ...
- Imagine you woke up and saw a dinosaur in your backyard. Should you keep it or give it to a zoo? Why?
- Which is better: to be an only child or to have siblings? Why?
- Most parents don’t let their kids paint anything they want on their bedroom walls. Write a convincing argument to your parents explaining why you should be able to paint your bedroom however you want.
- Do you think a monkey would make a good pet? Explain why or why not.
- Describe your favorite season (fall, spring, summer, or winter). Convince the reader that your favorite season is the best.
- What is the best superpower to have? Why?
- What is your favorite room in your home and why?
- What is the best thing parents can do to their children?
- What three things are most important in your life?
- Who is the best superhero for you and why?
- Which is your favorite Star Wars character (or other movie/book/t.v. show, etc.)? Why?
- Is exercise important for you? Why or why not?
- Why is it wise to save your money?
- Think of the best teacher you ever had. Why was he/she a good teacher?
- Families are important because…
- Would you like to be famous? Why (What would you like to be famous for?) or why not?
- Should you have to do chores around the house? Why or why not?
- Should you be required to wear a bike helmet? Why or why not?
- Where do you think we should go on our class fieldtrip this year? Why?
- What is the best time of day?
- What is the best book you have ever read. Convince others to read it.
- Who should win the League this year?
- We need some changes in our class furniture. What are your suggestions and why?
- On your birthday you can choose between two presents: a video game or a trip to ski. Which one is best and why?